Tuesday 4 March 2014

Haul #2: A Pick and Mix

Impulse purchases are my weakness, I see an advert about a particular product, or I read a review about a product and then that is it I want said product......Bad 

It sits in my mind, I cant stop thinking about it until I am either in the shop or on the website and this is what happened with the products I am going to show you. 






Maybelline Coloursensational Shine Gloss in Cashmere Rose. I picked this little beauty up for £6.19. Now lots of other beauty bloggers have been writing about the product how good they are and their formula. 

I only got this yesterday, but it has left a good first impression on me. I am loving it so far, onto something I am not so impressed with.......



I think I was very hasty when I bought this, I had watched videos reviewing the product, I had read reviews and even seen images of the product in action. I was sure this would be perfect for me, I am normally quite impressed with high street foundations. The price is reasonable at £10.99, and the colour was a complete match, the coverage was on first impressions was shocking in my opinion. But a full review will be posted soon. 

 Seventeen is not a brand I have used, but I noticed it on offer stand in my local boots...... 3 for 2 always sucks me in. Seventeen have branded it a 3 way highlighter, glow and primer. 

First impressions of the formula is that I doubt it would be effective as a primer, but as a highlighter maybe, mixed in foundation quite possibly. 

The price is very reasonable at £5.99. 

The next product is what I am most excited about road testing, I have been looking for it everywhere. I considered purchasing it from Sephora, but the shipping costs and taxes seemed pointless and wasteful. www.gurumakeupemporium.com came up trumps......Do you know what product I am talking about?
 Yes! Make Up For Ever High Definition Foundation, I have read so many rave reviews about this and really wanted to jump on the band wagon. I wanted a foundation that is like a second skin and just make me look radiant...... I am hoping this is the one!



  

2 comments:

  1. Ooo would love to know what you think of the MUFE foundation :) that's been on my wish list for aaaages.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I am super impressed with its consistency, and it doesn't have the chemically smell like some of the mac foundations do! A review will be soon...thanks for reading btw x

    ReplyDelete