Friday 28 February 2014

Review: MAC Matchmaster Foundation

Foundation choice has been a difficult task for me, I am a pale faced girl with some freckles on my cheeks. I am not confident about my pale skin so in the summer I am always reaching for the fake tan bottle. My family have come to know me as the Ice Queen for how pale I am. 

I went into my local MAC store, I knew what I wanted which was a foundation with medium - full coverage for the winter months. 

The MAC sales assistant introduced me to MatchMaster in colour 1.0, Mac describe the foundation as having a shade intelligence technology to bring customised shades in a flawless demi-mate finish with a medium build-able coverage. Minimises pores, shines and imperfections. 


When applied I was a bit shocked at how fast you need blend, if you don't your left with a powdery finish. So when all blended in I went off to work for a 12 hour shift. After 6 hours I noticed that I needed to touch it up. 

If you have dry skin this is not the foundation for you,I find if you have dry areas it really accentuates the dryness. 

Going on a night out with the girls? Lots of selfie taking? This foundation contains an SPF 15 which gives poor photo quality.

Overall I was not impressed with this foundation, felt too powdery on,  and wasn't as long lasting as expected. 

But the colour choice did suit me and was not overly yellow toned. Just a shame about the consistency. I sadly will not be repurchasing this. 

Mac Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation £27

I am think next I may try Nars Sheer Glow or maybe a Chanel......watch this space. 










No comments:

Post a Comment